Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Love in the Garden

From time to time I get a bit nostalgic or "mushy." I am having one of those moments, dreaming about the garden. I met my Dearie working in a garden that we both believe we were drawn to for a reason.  We became best friends in that garden, and though we never intended to, we fell in love in that garden. Now I consider myself lucky to be able to work by his side in our garden. Anything I could do well on my own, we do better together, and it is certainly more enjoyable. Sometimes it seems as though we read each other's mind and it feels as though a part of me is missing when we are apart.

Jim is quite a bit older than I am and we do get some funny responses. Most people are kindly, but some are judgmental. Some people put their own narrow minded prejudices of how they feel about people older or younger than themselves upon us. They arrogantly assume that each of us has an agenda to be with the other. These people have never truly known love. If someone's feelings for another are dependent upon that person being the "right" age, it is not true love. When I look into Jim's eyes, I see a beautiful man whom I respect and love dearly; I do not see the years his body has accumulated.  I am drawn to him and cannot help but want to be there with and for him. Our years in this life together may be limited, but we will always be together in our garden.

Summer 2011

"If the dead can come back to this earth and flit unseen around those they love, I shall always be with you, on the brightest day and the darkest night.  Always, always.  And when the soft breeze fans your cheek, it shall be my breath, or the cool air your throbbing temple, it shall be my spirit passing by.  Do not mourn me dead; think I am gone and wait for me, for we shall meet again." -- Sullivan Ballou (Click here to hear Liam Clancy read this beautiful historical letter.)

Update:  Jim and I married in our garden on July 26, 2014.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I think I figured out who your hubby is (JA?) from FB and saw of pic of you guys. So happy for you! Wishing you all the best! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Thank you. I was going to post a few pictures here, but my computer started acting up, so my priority became making sure things were backed up. Thank goodness I have all my original photos saved in several other places, but my nice little sorted projects died with my hard drive.

      Delete